This summer, from June 26th to July 20th, students from Steelton-Highspire High School and the Commonwealth Charter Academy were exploring programs within Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. Students attended four weeks of programming on Harrisburg University’s Campus to learn about healthcare with our partners UPMC and Penn State Hershey College of Medicine. The students are members of Steel-High’s True Colors program and the Neighboring Academy. Students were also interested in programming with a strong interst to learn about Virtual Reality applications, advancement in Biotechnology, IT careers with NuPaths and the ever-changing Advanced Manufacturing. The Summer STEM Experience program worked career readiness skills into the student experiences and prepared students for understanding their options with post-secondary education and training. All programming for the 14 great students was provided by HU faculty, staff, and students, with funding by The South-Central Work-Force Development Board, SCPa Works.
- True Colors awarded (5) seniors with scholarship money for post-secondary educational opportunities.
- Congratulations to our (4) students.
- Steelton-Highspire S.D. secures grant for scholarship program aimed at breaking cycle of poverty and crime
- True Colors Visits Rock Lititz in Lititz Pennsylvania
- True Colors Visit Temple University